We have an excellent opportunity for a Compliance Assistant to join a well-established Management Consultancy firm working in Legal Compliance.
You will be based at our office in Loughborough working Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting with all administration tasks involved in obtaining and maintaining clients’ Quality Assurance Standards including; SQM, Lexcel and CQS accreditations. This includes drafting documents, reviewing client documents and providing support during audits.
- Assisting with new firm applications to the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board
- Assisting clients with our bespoke compliance software, including providing training and assisting with maintaining client records
- Preparing client care letters and terms of engagement
- Providing compliance advice and assistance in a number of areas, including but not limited to; Anti-Money Laundering, Data Protection, SRA Standards and Regulations, Accounts Rules, Legal Aid Agency contracts
- Filtering and replying to emails
- Liaising with colleagues and clients
- Maintaining the CRM System to ensure that the client records are updated and are accurate
- Answering telephone calls to the office, transferring calls or taking sufficiently detailed messages
- Diary management and arranging client calls/visits
- Assisting with other duties as necessary
- Office Administration experience
- Customer Service experience
- Competent with Microsoft Word / Excel / Teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Competent time and work management skills
- Organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and a desire to show initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and be able to manage multiple tasks
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Previous experience in a compliance role
- Experience of Quality Assurance processes/auditing
- Knowledge of Legal Services
- Degree or equivalent
- A-Level or equivalent
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send us your CV and a covering letter by clicking HERE.