Why instruct us?
We are proud that our consultants are probably the most experienced team of Lexcel consultants operating in the UK.
Amongst other unique selling points:
- Our consultants have, between them, managed more than 1,000 practices through the Lexcel scheme;
- 100% of our clients who have been assessed against the Lexcel Standard have passed the assessment;
- The Law Society has regularly instructed our consultants to deliver in-house or external training to other consultants and assessors.
We are therefore market leaders in the area of Lexcel accreditation.
Why consider adopting the Lexcel Standard?
Lexcel is the Law Society’s practice management quality mark. Accredited Practices can demonstrate that they meet high standards of excellence in key areas of legal practice management. In particular, it is a highly beneficial tool in managing risk and client care within a practice, leading to increased efficiency and profitability.
The Lexcel Accreditation has gained significantly in popularity over the past few years and this can be attributed to a number of different factors:
- The synergy between Lexcel and key elements of the SRA Standards and Regulations has given practices confidence in meeting their regulatory obligations;
- The recognition of Lexcel as a good risk management framework by insurers has led to offers of discounts on annual professional indemnity premiums;
- A higher number of insurers may be willing to insure a practice that is Lexcel accredited;
- For legal aid practices, there is exemption from Specialist Quality Mark (SQM) audits; and
- The improved marketability and competitive advantage gained as a result of achieving Lexcel has led law firms to increase their client base through successful tenders for new work. With increased competition and the recognition of Alternative Business Structures (ABS), Lexcel can set your firm apart from competitors.
We have helped hundreds of firms through the Lexcel process and provided consultancy advice and assistance to more than 700 other firms. One of our consultants is also the Law Society’s primary external Lexcel training provider.
Our team of Lexcel consultants is headed by David Gilmore who has worked with all the significant legal representative groups in addition to numerous law firms and advice agencies. He has assisted countless firms achieve and maintain the Lexcel Standard. David is assisted by Stuart Lee, Kate Baker, Matthew Howgate, Amie Higgins, Emily Mayes, Gilles Ward and Roger Newman.
Stuart is a highly experienced consultant who previously spent twelve years working for the Legal Services Commission (now the Legal Aid Agency). In addition to being an SQM auditor, he is not only an accredited Lexcel consultant but is also an assessor and able to assist firms in preparing for and maintaining the Lexcel Accreditation.
Kate has many years of experience as a Lexcel Assessor, undertaking a range of assessments since the inception of the Standard. She is also a Lexcel trainer and an SQM auditor.
Matthew was formerly Senior Legal Adviser and Head of Continuous Improvement at the Legal Services Commission and then Legal Standards Principal at the Co-operative Legal Services. He is an exceptional and sought-after compliance and organisational development consultant. Matthew regularly assists firms in preparing for and maintaining the Lexcel Accreditation.
Amie is a Senior Solicitor, admitted to the Roll in 2008 and qualified under the Law Society’s Immigration & Asylum Accreditation Scheme (IAAS) as a Level 3 (Advanced) Caseworker and Supervisor. Amie was called to the Bar by the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple in October 2005 and, as such, is a qualified non-practising Barrister. She regularly assists firms in obtaining and and maintaining the Lexcel Accreditation.
Emily has a background in HR and is an experienced and qualified consultant and assessor for Lexcel and SQM and Investors in People.
Gilles is a highly experienced consultant on a whole range of compliance and practice management issues. He is an accredited Lexcel consultant and able to assist firms with obtaining the standard and ongoing compliance.
Roger worked for a number of years for the consulting and accountancy firm KPMG before moving into the world of quality standards. He has since built up twenty years’ experience advising and assessing organisations against Lexcel, as well as other quality standards. In addition to being a Lexcel consultant, Roger is also a registered SQM auditor.
Remote Lexcel Assessments During Covid-19 Webinar
On 12 May 2020 Stuart and senior Managers at the Law Society and an Assessment Body delivered a webinar to assist firms in preparing for a remote Lexcel Assessment, adhering to updated guidance from the Law Society. The webinar covers the following areas:
- Current environment and Law Society guidance
- The process to be followed
- Potential advantages to Legal Practices of remote assessment
- Preparing for a remote assessment
- Technology that can be utilised
- Feedback from the Assessment Body on the process since March 2020
We have a team of Lexcel consultants who are able to assist all types of legal practices, in-house legal departments and other organisations achieve accreditation against the standard. Our Consultants appreciate that legal practices operate in different ways and therefore the challenges faced by practices in implementing Lexcel and the way in which the challenges can be overcome will be different practice by practice. We take pride in ensuring that our services are tailored to the needs of the individual practice.
Our Lexcel service is aimed at ensuring you achieve the accreditation at a pace that is suitable for you with as much input and guidance as you may need from us, whilst ensuring it remains cost-effective.
To discover more about how we can help your firm with compliance issues, please either call 01509 214 999 or complete the free enquiry form below.