The SRA Transparency Rules
There is a myth that the SRA Transparency Rules only cover information related to fees and services, however, upon reading this guide we aim to provide you with a thorough overview as to what these rules entail, what is required and what information you should be providing to consumers. By and large, these rules relate to information published on a firm’s website, but if your firm does not have a website, this information must be readily available upon request in another format.
Our Guide to the SRA Transparency Rules
Our guide provides:
- details about what pricing and services information you must include
- details of the complaints handling procedure you must display
- information about the SRA digital badge
- common areas of non-compliance
- information and advice about your UK GDPR obligations relating to your website.
To download our guide to the SRA Transparency Rules, please complete your details below: