Amie is a Senior Solicitor, admitted to the Roll in 2008 and qualified under the Law Society’s Immigration & Asylum Accreditation Scheme (IAAS) as a Level 3 (Advanced) Caseworker and Supervisor. Amie was called to the Bar by the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple in October 2005 and as such is a qualified non-practising Barrister.
As a specialist in anti-human trafficking cases, Amie is currently engaged by ATLEU (Anti-Trafficking & Labour Exploitation Unit) as a Public Law/Immigration Solicitor and Training Lead. She is an external assessor for the Law Society’s Immigration & Asylum Level 3 (Advanced) Accreditation Scheme.
Amie specialises in all aspects of immigration, asylum and human rights work, representing both private and legally aided clients from initial application to appeals in the First-Tier/Upper Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal. Amie has an impressive success rate and is a highly sought after practitioner.
Amie won Immigration Lawyer of the Year award in 2010 and has been recommended as an individual practitioner in the Legal 500 since 2015.
Having set up her own niche Immigration & Human Rights law firm, Bankfield Heath Solicitors in March 2012, Amie grew the business from three members of staff to twenty three with four offices.
Amie offers advice and assistance in the following areas;
- Advising and assisting firms in respect of LAA audits
- Assisting firms in relation to Peer Review. Amie has been instructed by a number of firms requiring assistance after receiving a rating of 4 or 5 following a Peer Review. Amie has drafted detailed representations against these ratings which has often resulted in the Peer Review rating being overturned
- Challenging Contract Notices, Contract Sanctions and Contract Termination with the LAA and before the Contract Review Body with a 100% success rate
- Obtaining and maintaining Lexcel and SQM accreditation for firms
- Outsourced file reviews (monthly/quarterly)
- Drafting standard precedent file notes and letters
- Advice and assistance with the COLP / COFA roles
- Complaint handling
- Business development and practice management
An experienced trainer, Amie delivers a range of training to firms and individual practitioners on issues relating to legal aid queries, file management, billing/claim amendments, the Standard Contract and Specification, Exceptional Case Funding and Anti-Trafficking/Modern Slavery. Amie offers bespoke training courses designed to meet your requirements.