What The COFA Is Supposed To Be Doing…
On 20 January 2021, we held a free webinar which compares what the COFA actually does against what they should be doing.
This free 1 hour masterclass will consider:
- What should a good finance / accounting policy cover and where do I start?
- What does a good COFA month end pack look like versus poor or inadequate?
- What should I expect from a really good bookkeeper / cashier and how can I spot a poor one? What questions should I be asking when I am recruiting for a post in the finance / accounts team?
- How do I know if I need an SRA Accounts Rules Audit and how can I prepare for one?
- Typical accounting information you would be expected to produce for an SRA visit.
This webinar is aimed at legal practitioners and those working with them.
Sarah has a BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting and is a Fellow member of the Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants. Her career spans over 30 years working within the legal sector, fulfilling roles from practice manager through to COFA. During her career she has worked with a number of legal regulators, professional bodies and government organisations. Sarah has been a member of the Institute of Legal Finance & Management throughout her career, qualifying as a Fellow member in 2005. Sarah also served as chairperson between 2010-2012 and continues to serve as an Executive Council Member. Sarah is also a trainer, tutor and examiner.
David founded DG Legal in 2000. He has provided advice and assistance to hundreds of law firms and other legal organisations. He delivers specialist consultancy and training on a wide range of topics including business management & strategy, tendering, compliance and quality assurance. In 2016 David was appointed as a Commissioner advising Lord Bach on policy relating to Justice and Legal Aid.