Domestic Abuse And The Interaction With Housing Law Webinar
In this free webinar held on 3 December 2021, Rachel Coyle of The 36 Group discusses the following:
- Yemshaw v Hounslow LBC  UKSC 3
- What is the new statutory definition
- New abuses now considered
- Section 78 and Part VII of the Housing Act 1996
- Has priority need been redefined
- Can you bring possession proceedings on the grounds of domestic violence
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions – there is no direct amendment but what of the nuanced features in the Domestic Violence Act 2021 you can use
This webinar is aimed at legal practitioners and those working with them, with an assumed basic knowledge of the topic area.
The webinar slides can be downloaded below:
The recording and slides will be available to view for three months from the date of the webinar.
If you have enjoyed this webinar, please do consider leaving us a Google, Facebook or Trustpilot review using the relevant button below. We would be very grateful to receive a review and it will encourage us to provide further free webinars.
Rachel is a specialist property barrister that also works in commercial dispute resolution and private client. She acts in all types of commercial and property disputes, whether arising from contract, breach of duty, or otherwise. Rachel’s practice also encompasses contentious trusts, wills, and probate (including TOLATA and Inheritance Act claims) and insolvency.